Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter, the boxer who was wrongly imprisoned for murder for 19 years, passed away today at the age of 76. He had been convicted of 3 murders at a tavern in New Jersey in 1966. He was finally released in 1985 after his conviction was overturned. His story inspired the movie “The Hurricane” in 1999. He remains an icon of racial injustice in the criminal justice system. You can read more about his story by clicking here.
- Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes Honored By The Living Legends Foundation
- Summer Spirit Festival 2014
- 15 Dishes That Will Warm Your Belly And Restore Feeling To Your Extremities
- 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read
- Find Out What Ridiculous Food Holiday Falls On Your Birthday
- 10 Ways Women Can Live Forever (Almost)