Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter, the boxer who was wrongly imprisoned for murder for 19 years, passed away today at the age of 76. He had been convicted of 3 murders at a tavern in New Jersey in 1966. He was finally released in 1985 after his conviction was overturned. His story inspired the movie “The Hurricane” in 1999. He remains an icon of racial injustice in the criminal justice system. You can read more about his story by clicking here.
- The 5 Best Meals Of Summer
- Jennifer Hudson Says ‘There’s A Difference Between A Singer & An Artist, Now I’m An Artist!’
- The 52 Percent: What Are The Motivations Behind Black Boys, Graduating High School?
- Make It Last Forever: 10 Need-To-Know Tips To Keep Your Fave Products Longer
- [Trend Watch] Orange You Ready For Summer?
- Majic 102.3 Live Sessions with Joe!