On the heels of President Obama signing the Violence Against Women Act, writer and Democratic strategist Zerlina Maxwell is fielding a wave of support on social media, following some ugly responses to a segment in which she appeared on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity.”She writes on her blog, “Since Tuesday, I’ve been bombared by conservatives on Facebook and Twitter purposefully misquoting and misunderstanding my point in order to call me dumb, bitch, idiot, and at worst threaten to gang rape common sense into me. Charming.” An example of the the tweets she’s been receiving continues on next page (contains strong language). Read more here
- The 5 Best Meals Of Summer
- Jennifer Hudson Says ‘There’s A Difference Between A Singer & An Artist, Now I’m An Artist!’
- The 52 Percent: What Are The Motivations Behind Black Boys, Graduating High School?
- Make It Last Forever: 10 Need-To-Know Tips To Keep Your Fave Products Longer
- [Trend Watch] Orange You Ready For Summer?
- Majic 102.3 Live Sessions with Joe!