(Upper Marlboro, MD) – It’s a verdict of not guilty on all counts for the former Bowie [[ BOO-ee ]] State University student who was accused of murdering her roommate last year. Family and friends of 20-year-old Alexis Simpson say they knew she was innocent. Simpson, who took the stand in her own defense yesterday, apparently convinced jurors that she stabbed 18-year-old Dominique Frazier to death in self-defense during a fight which started when Simpson turned down the music on an iPod. Simpson could have been found guilty of first or second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. It took the jury just over two hours to reach the verdict.
- Win A Trip To See Beyonce Perform Live In L.A.! [CONTEST]
- Are Your Children #DangerousBlackKids?
- And Action! 5 Amazing TV Directors That Keep Us Glued To The Couch
- Do I Look Like An ATM?: Author Sabrina Lamb Warns Against Destructive Financial Habits Of Parents
- What Happens When a White Guy Tries to Break Into a Car Versus A Black Guy? [WATCH]
- Obama and Race: A ‘Black Agenda’ for 2014?
- ‘Think Like a Man Too’ Trailer Released: Is Vegas Ready for Kevin Hart and Friends? [VIDEO]