(Upper Marlboro, MD) — It’s a verdict of not guilty on all counts for the former Bowie [[ BOO-ee ]] State University student who was accused of murdering her roommate last year. Family and friends of 20-year-old Alexis Simpson say they knew she was innocent. Simpson, who took the stand in her own defense yesterday, apparently convinced jurors that she stabbed 18-year-old Dominique Frazier to death in self-defense during a fight which started when Simpson turned down the music on an iPod. Simpson could have been found guilty of first or second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. It took the jury just over two hours to reach the verdict.
- Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes Honored By The Living Legends Foundation
- Summer Spirit Festival 2014
- 15 Dishes That Will Warm Your Belly And Restore Feeling To Your Extremities
- 50 Books Every Black Teen Should Read
- Find Out What Ridiculous Food Holiday Falls On Your Birthday
- 10 Ways Women Can Live Forever (Almost)