(Upper Marlboro, MD) – It’s a verdict of not guilty on all counts for the former Bowie [[ BOO-ee ]] State University student who was accused of murdering her roommate last year. Family and friends of 20-year-old Alexis Simpson say they knew she was innocent. Simpson, who took the stand in her own defense yesterday, apparently convinced jurors that she stabbed 18-year-old Dominique Frazier to death in self-defense during a fight which started when Simpson turned down the music on an iPod. Simpson could have been found guilty of first or second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. It took the jury just over two hours to reach the verdict.
- The 5 Best Meals Of Summer
- Jennifer Hudson Says ‘There’s A Difference Between A Singer & An Artist, Now I’m An Artist!’
- The 52 Percent: What Are The Motivations Behind Black Boys, Graduating High School?
- Make It Last Forever: 10 Need-To-Know Tips To Keep Your Fave Products Longer
- [Trend Watch] Orange You Ready For Summer?
- Majic 102.3 Live Sessions with Joe!